At this location once stood the Grand Opera House. Dedicated October 22, 1895, the beautifully appointed interior provided multi-level seating for 1,400. Among notables once gracing its stage were Sir Harry Lauder and James Whitcomb Riley. Known for lavish productions, "Madame Butterfly" once played here with a cast of 110 supported by a 50 piece orchestra. The decline of traveling companies and the advent of "movie houses" gradually brought about its demise during the late 1930s.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.