Scanned negative (2-7/8"x4-7/8"), 1200 DPI, online JPG saved at 72 DPI 1000 pixels on long edge with a MicroTek ScanMaker 9800XL. Scan is full frame of negative. No correction of film errors. Slight sharpness and contrast adjustments.
Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744
Madison-Jefferson County Public Library
Eastman-Kodak Brownie Camera No. 2C model A, with No. 130 film. 1 other negative available Additional information: Built in 1898 of red granite, this was home to the August (Gus) Yunker Family, owner of Pearl Packing Company. The brick front porch and the back two-story addition are not original to the house. The original front porch had a gabled roof and wooden pillars and railings. In the 1930's it was converted to offices for Pearl Packing Company. This company shipped pork products all over the country. It closed in 1972. In 1974 the Madison Police Department purchased the building for its headquarters. At that time a new heating and air conditioning system were installed. Rather extensive work was done on the home including a new roof. The Madison Courier reported on January 6, 1982 that "two of the four chimneys would be taken down and the metal decorative work in the middle of the roof will also be removed because it is rusted and can't be repaired." In 1993 the police department gave up the building and it reverted into private ownership. Sources: Madison Courier; Historical Files